Addict: to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively.
“First we make our habits. Then our habits make us.”
John Dryden -(Poet in late 1600’s)
The Word speaks a lot about our minds:
- Matthew 22:37 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
- Philippians 2:5 Let this mind(mindset, attitude) be in you which was also in Christ Jesus
- Repentance: To Change our minds(mindset) that changes lifestyle patterns.
- Golgotha: the place of the Skull, the battle must be won in our minds.
Romans 8:1-11 There is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins. He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit. Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God. But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.) And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God. The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.
Problems with being Carnally minded.
- We cannot please God(v 8)
- Breads enmity(hostility) towards God.(v 7)
- A seared conscious.(Romans 1)
- It’s end result is sin and death.(v 6)
- It subdues our spirit and limits our effectiveness.
Benefits of being Spiritually minded.
- It frees us from condemnation(v 1)
- It activates true life in us(v 6)
- Its allows us to be at peace. (v 6)
- It brings God pleasure.(v 8)
- It allows us continual access to have the mind of heaven.
Developing Healthy thought Habits:
1. Renew your mind.
Romans 12:2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think(Renewing of your mind). Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
2. Nurture Your New Nature.
Philippians 4:6-8 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
3. Captivate Carnal/Negative Thoughts.
2 Corinthians 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.
Song of Solomon 2:15 Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards.
4. Admit Your true Addiction: Addicted to Gods Presence!
Ephesians 3:16-19 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
Ephesians 4:21-32 Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him, throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy. So stop telling lies. Let us tell our neighbors the truth, for we are all parts of the same body. And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil. If you are a thief, quit stealing. Instead, use your hands for good hard work, and then give generously to others in need. Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. And do not bring sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
- An Event Happens. A person hurts you, A circumstance happens.
- So We Collect Boxes of emotion, Box’s of pain filled with images of moments. Pain, wounds, negative Circumstances, hardship be it offense….the Box’s are piling up!
- These Boxes Take up space in our heart keeping us from living free.
- These things are very harmful.
- Hurt | Offense | Unforgiveness | Anger | Resentment
- Bitterness…. hardness of heart.
Hebrews 12:14-15 Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord. Look after each other so that none of you fails to receive the grace of God. Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you, corrupting many.
PACK Away the BOXES!
Pain becomes a purpose: (paradigm)
- Romans 5:3-4 We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.
- Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Admit it….Don’t Deny It!
Most of us have some boxes!
- “In being hurt/offended the effective way to handle things is to not be offensive but to function with tenderness.”
- Tenderness heals, Hardness Hoards!
- Colossians 3:12-15 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
Kill the killers
- When we keep people, previous circumstances, imprisoned in our mind we are the ones who are held captive & tortured by the enemy.
- Matthew 18:21-35 Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?” “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven! “Therefore, the Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to a king who decided to bring his accounts up to date with servants who had borrowed money from him. In the process, one of his debtors was brought in who owed him millions of dollars. He couldn’t pay, so his master ordered that he be sold—along with his wife, his children, and everything he owned—to pay the debt. “But the man fell down before his master and begged him, ‘Please, be patient with me, and I will pay it all.’ Then his master was filled with pity for him, and he released him and forgave his debt. “But when the man left the king, he went to a fellow servant who owed him a few thousand dollars. He grabbed him by the throat and demanded instant payment. “His fellow servant fell down before him and begged for a little more time. ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it,’ he pleaded. But his creditor wouldn’t wait. He had the man arrested and put in prison until the debt could be paid in full. “When some of the other servants saw this, they were very upset. They went to the king and told him everything that had happened. Then the king called in the man he had forgiven and said, ‘You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me. Shouldn’t you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?’ Then the angry king sent the man to prison to be tortured(Handed him over to the Torturers) until he had paid his entire debt. “That’s what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters from your heart.”
Deuteronomy 29:18 Make sure there is no man or woman, clan or tribe among you today whose heart turns away from the LORD our God to go and worship the gods of those nations; make sure there is no root among you that produces such bitter poison.
Luke 18:35-43 As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind beggar was sitting beside the road. When he heard the noise of a crowd going past, he asked what was happening. They told him that Jesus the Nazarene was going by. So he began shouting, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” “Be quiet!” the people in front yelled at him. But he only shouted louder, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” When Jesus heard him, he stopped and ordered that the man be brought to him. As the man came near, Jesus asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?” “Lord,” he said, “I want to see!” And Jesus said, “All right, receive your sight! Your faith has healed you.” Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus, praising God. And all who saw it praised God, too.
Hope: joyful anticipation of good
Isaiah 49:23 Those who hope in me will not be disappointed.
James 4:8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you.
Matthew 5:3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
“One of faiths greatest demonstrations is desperation!”
3. The intervention:
Jesus wants interaction!
“What do you want me to do for you!?”
Matthew 13:33 “The Kingdom of Heaven is like the yeast a woman used in making bread. Even though she put only a little yeast in three measures of flour, it permeated every part of the dough.”
“But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ “
1. God spoke
- Abraham with the promise of being a nation (Romans 4:18)
- David with the ephod (1 Samuel 31)
- Paul to Timothy (1 Timothy 1:18)
2. God is speaking
3. God will continue to speak
“True, the grass withers and the wildflowers fade, but our God’s Word stands firm and forever.”
“Fear of the future can not falter the faithful.”
Our Vision is to Encounter the Reality of Jesus!
Corporately in our body & Culturally in our region.
We are a people that are:
Kingdom cultured, Presence centered & Relationally connected.
Matthew 9:17 “And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. For the old skins would burst from the pressure, spilling the wine and ruining the skins. New wine is stored in new wineskins so that both are preserved.”
1. Children’s Pastor...
2. Three Houses of Prayer led by Prayer Host
3. Running 52 people by our 52nd week.
By: October 26th, 2013
Habakkuk 2:2 Then the LORD answered me and said: "Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it.
The vision takes purpose, it takes power & presence, it takes a plan & IT TAKES PEOPLE!
Gifting & Callings.
Romans 11:29 For God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.
1. Gifts and Callings are Different
2. Gifts don’t determine your destiny...
3. Gifting Provides a way for Calling
1 Corinthians 12:12-20 The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ. Some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles, some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit. Yes, the body has many different parts, not just one part. If the foot says, “I am not a part of the body because I am not a hand,” that does not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear says, “I am not part of the body because I am not an eye,” would that make it any less a part of the body? If the whole body were an eye, how would you hear? Or if your whole body were an ear, how would you smell anything? But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it. How strange a body would be if it had only one part! Yes, there are many parts, but only one body.
Get in the Flow:
Find your Function: Find it Where do you fit in the body
What are you passionate about and how can that benefit the Kingdom & Overflow?
Lead or Follow: Lead where you can lead, assist where you can assist.
Who, what, when.
Who is going to help you?
What do you need to move forward?
When are you going to start?
Matthew 9:35-38 Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."
Jesus Went, 2. Jesus preached 3. Jesus Healed 4. Jesus was moved 5. Jesus called.
We will continue to pray for Laborers but we will also answer the prayer
VIEW ROLES HERE
Download The PDF Here
Get In The Flow >Click Here